[Python-Dev] A new warning category?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:27:26 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>  On 15/10/2010 08:22, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>>
>> Brett Cannon writes:
>>
>>  >  As one of the co-authors of the PEP I say no.
>>
>> Procedural question: Doesn't authorship disqualify you from BDF1P, so
>> you can't pronounce?
>
> I think Brett meant co-authorship of the *moratorium* PEP (which is already
> accepted).

That's the way I took it as well.

The other factor here is that the moratorium was largely to help other
implementations get back up to speed with CPython as they dealt with
the transition to 3.x. Adding a new warning type isn't the kind of
moving target that something like PEP 380 would be.

Cheers,
Nick.