[Python-Dev] 3.x as the official release

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:45:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 11:11 AM 9/15/2010 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>
>> Given that wsgiref is in the stdlib, I think we should hold up the 3.2
>> release (and even the first beta) until this is resolved, unless we
>> can convince ourselves that it's okay to delete wsgiref from the
>> stdlib (which sounds unlikely but may not be any more incompatible
>> than making it work properly :-).
>
> FWIW, I'd be fine with that option.

Could we remove in any case the wsgiref.egg-info file ? Since we've
been working on a new format for that (PEP 376), that should be
starting to get used in the coming years, it'll be a bit of a
non-sense to have that metadata file in the sdtlib shipped with 3,2

I am not really sure what was the intent to have it there in the first
place though.

Regards
Tarek
--