[Python-Dev] 3.x as the official release

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Wed Sep 15 23:19:29 CEST 2010

> * add a decorator to wsgiref that supports using native strings as
> output instead of bytes, for ease-of-porting (combine mod_wsgi's
> ease-of-porting w/"flat"'s simple verifiability)

Ah, thanks, I’ve been reading web-sig and was totally at a loss to
understand what a “native string” was.  Now I get it’s a character
string / string / str object / former unicode object.

FWIW, I’m glad to see concern for web-sig in python-dev, and messages
from Web people in python-dev.  Some threads going “they broke strings,
we can’t use the stdlib” were a bit alarming to me.

Regards