[Python-Dev] Moving the developer docs?

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Sep 23 12:12:17 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> That's right.  It is true that it isn't branch-specific information,
> and that does cause a little bit of irritation for me too, but neither
> is Misc/developers.txt or Misc/maintainers.rst.

Agreed.  I'd rather those were elsewhere as well, but I was paying
less attention at the time.

> Of course, we might consider a separate HG repository (I'm all in favor
> of many small repos, instead of a gigantic sandbox one).  The downside
> is that I really like the developer docs at docs.python.org, and it
> would complicate the build process a bit.

Perhaps someone here knows enough about our documentation toolchain to
figure out a way to generate a link from the docs to developer docs on
the website.  :-)

I expect only a very small part of the audience for the general Python
documentation & CPython docs are particularly interested in the
development process we use, and sending them to the website from a
convenient link is not a bad thing.  We won't even need a new
repository to do that.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein