[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 22:59:35 CEST 2010

On 29 September 2010 21:12, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> How often do we even get patches generated from a downloaded copy of
> Python? Is it enough to need to worry about this?

When I do simple bugfixes of library code, I'll often work from my
"live" Python environment, patch it in place, test and generate a
patch with diff. Very primitive, but surprisingly effective.

Having said that, I don't think it's the end of the world if such
patches couldn't use Reitveld. They are probably small enough that it
would be overkill anyway.

Paul