[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 30 10:58:43 CEST 2010

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > You can have "co-located" branches[1] which essentially switch
 > in-place, so if a branch is changing some .c files, you won't have
 > to rebuild the whole world just to try out a patch.

In Mercurial these are called "named branches", and they are
repo-local (by which I mean they must be part of the DAG).  Named
branches used to have some inconvenient aspects relevant to standalone
branches (they could be fairly confusing to other users if pushed
before being merge to mainline).

It's not obvious to me that Mercurial style named branches would work
well here ... it would take a little thought to design an appropriate
workflow, anyway.