[Python-Dev] LZMA compression support in 3.3

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 03:28:20 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Sure. Now please convince Linux distributions first, because this
> particular subthread is going nowhere.

I hope you're not a solipsist.

Anyway, if the mere -discussion- of embracing a standard and safe way of
making C libraries callable from all the major Python implementations is
"going nowhere" before the discussion has even gotten started, I fear for
Python's future.

Repeat aloud to yourself: Python != CPython.  Python != CPython.  Python !=
CPython.

Has this topic been discussed to death?  If so, then say so.  It's rude to
try to kill the thread summarily before it gets started, sans discussion,
sans explanation, sans commentary on whether new additions to the topic have
surfaced or not.