[Python-Dev] Cannot use multiprocessing and zip together on windows

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:28:15 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Leo Jay <python.leojay at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that the situation described here is similar:
> http://bugs.python.org/issue10128
>
> But the patch doesn't work for me.
>
> Anybody knows how to fix this?

Try the patch from http://bugs.python.org/issue10845 (the one on
#10128 only partially addresses the problem - a similarly incomplete
answer was our first attempt at fixing this for 3.2)

I've added a note to the issue you linked indicating that the change
should also be backported to the 2.7 maintenance branch. (IIRC, the
reason backporting to 2.7 didn't come up originally is that the only
reason we found the bad interaction in 3.2 was because we added
test.__main__, so the regression test suite can be executed via
"python -m test". At the time, it didn't occur to me, or anyone else
involved, that the underlying bug also affected 2.7).

Cheers,
Nick.