[Python-Dev] devguide: Generate patches without code checkout (Was: devguide: Write a guide to committing a patch.)

Simon Cross hodgestar+pythondev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:59:02 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about patches sent by users who track and fix bugs directly in
> codebase of their Python installation?

While I don't personally endorse the above approach, if you're going
to develop inside your installed site-packages folder it seems like a
good idea to at least version control that code by running "hg init"
or similar in the site-packages folder. Then you can create diffs
against older versions using "hg diff".

If one is going to do something crazy one might as well go the whole
hog I guess. :)

Schiavo
Simon