[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Remove mention of medical condition from the test suite.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Jul 5 18:23:55 CEST 2011

Antoine Pitrou writes:

 > I sincerely hope we don't start using the word "professional" to denote
 > "careful" or "good quality".

No, by "professional" I mean "of a profession," which is a service
that is provided by experts to laymen, and therefore demands adherence
to certain standards since the clients are not able to judge the
product for themselves, but in general must trust the vendor.  The
care and good quality proceed from the commitment of the professional.

 > Most professional work is crap, and that's why we have open source.

Open source is not a substitute for professionalism.