[Python-Dev] Convention on functions that shadow existing stdlib functions

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:27:52 CEST 2011

> Ezio, this is also a good idea, but currently I really think placing
>> this documentation in the devguide is probably the best approach. Now we
>> have a very nice Devguide, and this documentation simply belongs there,
>> and not in the user-visible portion of the official Python documentation.
>>

> You mean the dev guide only accessible online?

Yes. You can also pull it from http://hg.python.org/devguide/ for a local
copy (hg.python.org also allows to download a ZIP).

My point being - isn't the official Python documentation targeted at *users*
of Python, and wasn't the devguide specifically created for *developers* of
Python? If so, then test.support clearly being the domain of developers
rather than users, belongs in the devguide.

Eli