[Python-Dev] Please sync your feature branches

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:51:01 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>> 2) 3.2, 3.1 and legacy-trunk show up as 'inactive' on the command line, but
>> not in the web interface. Should these be closed to avoid confusion?
>
> Hmm, and legacy-trunk should already be closed actually.  It does not show
> up in "hg branches" for me.

I assume Stefan was referring to the features/py3k-cdecimal clone
rather than the cpython one. This is going to happen with all the
server-side clones - we really only want "default" in the clone, but
the maintenance branches will come along for the ride.  There are
actually a few things related to server-side clone maintenance that
I'm not entirely clear on:
- is it OK to work on default, or does that cause problems with
merging back later?
- is there an easy way to close all the branches that aren't of any
interest and avoid reopening them when merging from the cpython clone?
- how do we track changes in cpython:default while continuing? By
pulling from cpython into our local feature clone and pushing back to
the server-side clone?

Unrelated question: which is the "practice area"? Devguide says
"test", but we also have "sandbox/cpython".

Cheers,
Nick.