[Python-Dev] r88758 - tracker/instances/python-dev/scripts/addpatchsets

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 6 20:25:40 CET 2011

>> Would you like to contribute a patch to make that work? It's too tedious
>> to work without a base revision, so for the time being, this cannot be
>> supported.
>
> Well, no. I was assuming that basing all patches on tip would make
> things simpler.

It's very easy to get the base code if you know the base revision, through

http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/<rev>/<path>

I only now found out that hg.python.org also supports

http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/default/<path>
http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/tip/<path>

So it would be possible to check for one of these if no revision
number is given. However, that would require more changes to the patch
parsing.

As for basing changes on tip: IIUC, "tip" may be any branch.
So if somebody develops a patch, there is a good chance that
tip is not default when the patch is submitted to the tracker.
Then the patch would not apply (to tip), and no review would
be possible.

Regards,
Martin