[Python-Dev] .hgignore including site-packages and scripts directories?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Mar 30 03:09:16 CEST 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:11:45 +1100, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it is a reasonable idea to have .hgignore exclude all
> files from 'Lib/site-packages' and 'Scripts'?  As I install packages
> into my source builds, a 'hg status' lists *many* files in both those
> directories forcing me to scroll up a number of pages to see files which
> have actually changed.

I hardly ever install things into my source build.  The first time I've
done that, in fact, was to run coverage.  The solution is to add such
directories and/or files to your personal ignore list See the 'ignore'
entry under 'ui' in the hgrc documentation.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com