[Python-Dev] range objects in 3.x

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:16:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
..
> In the math module, we used an f prefix to differentiate math.fsum() from the built-in sum() function.  That suggests frange() as a possible name for a variant of range() that creates floats.
>
> That works reasonably well if the default argument pattern is the same as range:   frange(10.0, 20.0, 0.5)

+1 on adding frange() to math module or to the recently contemplated
stats module.   For something that aspires to becoming a builtin one
day, I would like to see something not focused on floats exclusively
and something with a proper English name.