[Python-Dev] Hg tips

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Sep 29 17:11:50 CEST 2011

On Sep 29, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:

> I disabled the merge GUI: I lose a lot of work because I'm unable to use a
> GUI to do merge, I don't understand what are the 3 versions of the same file
> (which one is the merged version!?)

Emacs users should look at smerge-mode.  It has some nice keybindings and
colorizing that usually makes resolving conflicts fairly straightforward.  It
also will automatically `$vcs resolve` the file when you've handled all the
conflicts.

Caveat: I use it primarily for bzr, but I think it works with most vcs's.

-Barry