[Python-Dev] open issues on accepted PEPs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:47:11 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> I was looking at the other Open Issues on PEP 3134, think I might try to
> resolve them as well, and discovered via testing that they have already been
> taken care of.
>
> Is there an established way to get information like that?
>
> I realize that PEPs are partly historical documents, but it would it make
> sense to add a note after an Open Issue (or any other section) that was
> refined, resolved, or whatever in a later PEP or bug or patch or ...*

If that kind of thing comes up, updating the PEP directly is
definitely a reasonable way to clarify things. If people want to see
the *exact* state of the PEP when it was accepted, they're all under
version control. What we actually do depends on the specifics of the
PEP, though (and whether or not anyone feels motivated to clarify
things!).

Cheers,
Nick.