[Python-Dev] PEP 414 - Unicode Literals for Python 3

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 27 17:44:34 CET 2012

Zitat von Armin Ronacher <armin.ronacher at active-4.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 2/27/12 10:17 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> There are a few other unproven performance claims in the PEP. Can you
>> kindly provide the benchmarks you have been using? In particular, I'm
>> interested in the claim " In many cases 2to3 runs one or two orders of
>> magnitude slower than the testsuite for the library or application it's
>> testing."
> The benchmarks used are linked in the PEP.

Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a benchmark
that measures the 2to3 performance, supporting the claim that it
runs "two orders of magnitude" slower (which I'd interpret as a
factor of 100).

If the claim actually cannot be supported, please remove it from the PEP.

Regards,
Martin