[Python-Dev] PEP 414 - Unicode Literals for Python 3

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Mon Feb 27 22:35:43 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2/27/12 4:44 PM, martin at v.loewis.de wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a benchmark
> that measures the 2to3 performance, supporting the claim that it
> runs "two orders of magnitude" slower (which I'd interpret as a
> factor of 100).
My Jinja2+Werkzeug's testsuite combined takes 2 seconds to run (Werkzeug
actually takes 3 because it pauses for two seconds in a cache expiration
test).  2to3 takes 45 seconds to run.  And those are small code bases
(15K lines combined).

It's not exactly two orders of magnitude so I will probably change the
writing to "just" 20 times slower but it illustrates the point.

Regards,
Armin