[Python-Dev] PEP 414 - Unicode Literals for Python 3

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 08:56:34 CET 2012

On 28.2.2012 01:16, martin at v.loewis.de wrote:
> Armin, I propose that you correct the *factual* deficits of the PEP

He cannot, because he would have to throw away whole PEP ... it is all
based on non-sensical concept of "native string". There is no such
animal (there are only strings and bytes, although they are incorrectly
named Unicode strings and strings in Python 2), and whole PEP is just "I
don't like Python 3 and I want it to be reverted back to Python 2".

It doesn't matter anymore now, but I just needed to put it off my chest.

Matěj