[Python-Dev] usefulness of Python version of threading.RLock

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:13:23 CET 2012

2012/1/7 Charles-François Natali <neologix at free.fr>:
> Thanks for those precisions, but I must admit it doesn't help me much...
> Can we drop it? A yes/no answer will do it ;-)

The yes/no answer is "No, we can't drop it".

Even though CPython no longer uses the Python version of RLock in
normal operation, it's still the reference implementation for everyone
else that has to perform the same task (i.e. wrap Python code around a
non-reentrant lock to create a reentrant one).

Cheers,
Nick.