[Python-Dev] Testing 3.3 framework builds on OS X

Marc Abramowitz msabramo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:41:50 CEST 2012

Anyone know how to build and run tests on an OS X build with
—enable-framework, without installing the framework? I want to test
that something works in my tree without polluting /Library/Frameworks
with stuff that could mess up future tests.

I've been mucking around with DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH but not having much luck.

If I build with ./configure --enable-framework --with-dtrace && make
and use DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=. then I suspect it's still loading from
/Library/Frameworks, because my tests fail in a way that suggests it's
not finding the new bits in my working directory.

If I build with ./configure --enable-framework=. --with-dtrace && make
and use DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=., then it fails with:

dyld: Library not loaded: ./Python.framework/Versions/3.3/Python

presumably because ./Python.framework doesn't have any .dylib's or .so's.

Thanks,
Marc