[Python-Dev] 3.3 release plans

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sat Jun 23 21:55:55 CEST 2012

Am 23.06.2012 12:54, schrieb g.brandl-nospam at gmx.net:
> Hi all,
>
> now that the final PEP scheduled for 3.3 is final, we're entering
> the next round of the 3.3 cycle.
>
> I've decided to make Tuesday 26th the big release day. That means:
>
> - Saturday: last feature-level changes that should be done before beta,
>   e.g. removal of packaging
> - Sunday: final feature freeze, bug fixing
> - Monday: focus on stability of the buildbots, even unstable ones
> - Tuesday: forking of the 3.3.0b1 release clone, tagging, start
>   of binary building

I'd like to get the C implementation of the timing safe compare_digest
into 3.3. http://bugs.python.org/issue15061

The patch went to several incarnations and I implemented input from
Antoine, Serhiy and others. The function finally ended up as private
function in the operator module because the _hashlib module isn't
available without openssl and a new module for a single function is
kinda overkill.

Christian