[Python-Dev] Python install layout and the PATH on win32

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Mar 22 01:42:22 CET 2012

Cleaning up the absurd CC line....

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree on all points here. I don't understand quite why backward
> compatibility is being treated so lightly here. But equally, I've made
> my points and have little further to add.

As a non-Windows user who occasionally is the only one available to
help Windows users do something (other than install Linux and learn to
live free<wink/>), consistency would be nice.  I often have trouble
finding the right advice for Windows, even if I feel like looking for it.

Dunno if that's a common or important use case, though.