[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs, iteration 2

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Mar 25 14:07:52 CEST 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:34:44 +0200
Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Here's another try, mainly with default browser font size, more contrast and
> collapsible sidebar again:
>
> http://www.python.org/~gbrandl/build/html2/
>
> I've also added a little questionable gimmick to the sidebar (when you collapse
> it and expand it again, the content is shown at your current scroll location).

The gimmick is buggy (when you collapse then expand it in the middle,
and then scroll up, the sidebar content disappears after scrolling),
and in the end quite confusing.

Also I think there should be some jquery animation when
collapsing/expanding.

I think the "New in version..." and "Changed in version..." styles
stand out in the wrong kind of way (as in "drawn by a 8-year old with
a pen and ruler", perhaps). Perhaps you want some coloured background
instead? (or, better, an icon - by the way, warnings also scream for an
icon IMO)

Otherwise, not sure what problem this new theme solves, but it looks ok.

Regards

Antoine.