[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs, iteration 2

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:23:16 CEST 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 07:07, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

>> I've also added a little questionable gimmick to the sidebar (when you collapse
>> it and expand it again, the content is shown at your current scroll location).
>
> The gimmick is buggy (when you collapse then expand it in the middle,
> and then scroll up, the sidebar content disappears after scrolling),
> and in the end quite confusing.

It also seems not to handle window resizes very well right now. It
appears to choose the height for the vertical bar when shown, and then
when the text next to it reflows to a new length, the bar can become
longer or shorter than necessary.

On the one hand this makes it hard to get the sidebar content to show
at the bottom of the page; on the other, I believe it mitigates
potential problems if sidebar content is too long for the window size.

--
Michael Urman