[Python-Dev] time.clock_info() field names

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:47:36 CEST 2012

> To me, "adjusted" and "is_adjusted" both imply that an adjustment
> has already been made; "adjustable" only implies that it is possible.

The documentation is:

"True if the clock can be adjusted (e.g. by a NTP daemon), False otherwise."

I prefer "adjustable", because no OS tell us if the clock has an
ajustement or not... except Windows: see GetSystemTimeAdjustment().
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724394%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

I propose to rename is_adjusted (which is now called adjusted) to
adjustable, and not use GetSystemTimeAdjustment() on Windows but
hardcode the value to True for the system clock, False for other
functions (GetTick, QueryPerformanceCounter, ...).

Victor