[Python-Dev] Completing the email6 API changes.

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sat Aug 31 16:23:51 CEST 2013

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:57:56 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> R. David Murray writes:
>
>  > But I would certainly appreciate review from anyone so moved, since I
>  > haven't gotten any yet.
>
> I'll try to make time for a serious (but obviously partial) review by
> Monday.

Thanks.

> I don't know if this is "serious" bikeshedding, but I have a comment
> or two on the example:

Yeah, you engaged in some serious bikeshedding there ;)

I like the idea of a top level part that requires the required headers,
and I agree that MIMEPart is better than MIMEMessage for that class.

Full validation is something that is currently a "future objective".
There's infrastructure to do it, but not all of the necessary knowledge
has been coded in yet.

I take your point about the relationship between related and alternative
not being set in stone.  I'll have to think through the consequences
of that, but I think it is just a matter of removing a couple error
checks and updating the documentation.

I'll also have to sit and think through your other ideas (the more
extensive bikeshedding :) before I can comment, and I'm heading out to
take my step-daughter to her freshman year of college, so I won't be
able to do thorough responses until tomorrow.

--David