[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Add reference implementation for PEP 443

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Fri Jun 7 23:16:35 CEST 2013

On 7 cze 2013, at 22:50, PJ Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org> wrote:
>> This isn't a new bug, but it's exposed by always importing weakref and
>> atexit during interpreter startup. I'm wondering if that's really necessary
>> :)
>
> In short, the overall answer right now is, "maybe", and the answer
> later is "rather likely".  ;-)

I would rather say that it's "rather certain".

functools is necessary for setup.py to work while bootstrapping, whereas
pkgutil is used in runpy.py which is always imported in Modules/main.c.

So we're left with having to fix atexit to support subinterpreters. I wonder
how difficult that will be.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Langa