[Python-Dev] Python 3 metaclasses, doctest, and unittest

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jun 10 21:02:30 CEST 2013

I just wanted to take a minute and say THANK YOU to everyone involved in getting Python 3 to where it is today.

It is so much easier to use, especially metaclasses (nearly pulled my hair out trying to get Enum working on Py2!).

Also a big thank you to the doctest folks as it was invaluable in getting my Py2 examples correct, and, of course, the
unittest folks as I would have been lost without those.

Thank you thank you thank you.

--
~Ethan~

P.S.  I'll get a backported package on PyPI after the code commit for 3.4.