[Python-Dev] stat module in C -- what to do with stat.py?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:53:04 CEST 2013

2013/6/20 Eric V. Smith <eric at trueblade.com <javascript:;>>:
> But isn't the real problem with this module in Python the fact that the
> constants might be wrong? I'm not sure what, if anything, we can do
> about that.

Python is providing a stat module implemented in Python since 10 years, or
maybe 20 years, and I don't remember that someone complained that constants
are wrong.

At the same time, Python distributes IN.py which contains things like that:

LONG_MAX = 9223372036854775807
LONG_MAX = 2147483647
LONG_MIN = (-LONG_MAX - 1)

In my opinion, the situation of plat-*/*.py modules is worse than stat.py
:-)

Victor