[Python-Dev] PEP 435 (Enums) is Accepted

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri May 10 02:12:45 CEST 2013

On May 09, 2013, at 04:01 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>I have reviewed the latest version of PEP 435 and I see that it is
>very good. I hereby declare PEP 435 as Accepted. Congratulations go to
>Barry, Eli and Ethan for pulling it through one of the most thorough
>reviewing and bikeshedding processes any PEP has seen. Thanks to
>everyone else for the many review comments. It is a better PEP because
>of the reviews.

Let me echo Guido's thanks to everyone on python-dev and python-ideas, and
especially Eli and Ethan.  Our ability to come together and produce agreement
on not only a contentious, but long wished for, feature shows off the best of
our community.  Huge thanks also to Guido for the invaluable pronouncements
along the way.

I can honestly say I'm happy with the results, and the experience of
participating.

Great work everyone.
-Barry