[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Issue #19512: Add a new _PyDict_DelItemId() function, similar to

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:46:40 CET 2013

2013/11/8 Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com>:
>> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/69071054b42f
>> changeset:   86968:69071054b42f
>> user:        Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
>> date:        Wed Nov 06 18:58:22 2013 +0100
>> summary:
>>   Issue #19512: Add a new _PyDict_DelItemId() function, similar to
>> PyDict_DelItemString() but using an identifier for the key
>
> As a private API, this shouldn't be part of the stable ABI.

When I don't know if a function should be made public or not, I
compare with other functions.

In Python 3.3, _PyDict_GetItemIdWithError(), _PyDict_GetItemId() and
_PyDict_SetItemId() are part of the stable ABI if I read correctly
dictobject.h. _PyObject_GetAttrId() is also part of the stable ABI.
Was it a mistake, or did I misunderstand how stable functions are
declared?

Victor