[Python-Dev] cpython (merge 3.3 -> default): Merge fix from 3.3 into default.

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 03:08:57 CEST 2013

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> On 9/1/2013 5:04 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> Probably because they don't have the hgeol extension enabled.

Yes, I believe that's correct, at least for my Windows buildbots.

> Since the tests also failed on installed Python, it seems that the
> .msi installer is created in a repository with the extension
> enabled. If so, I think that the buildbots should have the extension
> enabled also, so that they are testing Python as it will be
> distributed.

If it should be enabled, I believe it will have to be done globally,
so affecting all buildbot branches (not that it sounds like that would
be an issue).  The individual branch repositories are physically
removed at times (such as during a failure to update, which escalates
to a removal followed by full clone, as well as I believe during a
custom build), so I don't believe persistent local changes to the
repository's own hgrc are possible in a reliable way.

In the event we did want per-repository control, then I think we'd
need to have some sort of additional script that ran as part of the
buildbot build process to ensure the right contents for the local
repository hgrc following a clone, or just prior to the update step.

-- David