[Python-Dev] Completing the email6 API changes.

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Sep 3 00:52:59 CEST 2013

On 9/2/2013 2:40 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
> I'm still not understanding how the text/plain part*refers*  to the
> related parts.
I don't think the text/plain part can refer to the related parts, but,
like you, am willing to be educated if there is a way; but while the
text/html may be able to if things like cid: URIs can reach up a level
in a given MUA, the text/plain would be left with the additional parts
being attachments, methinks. This is less interesting than the technique
Apple Mail uses, but more interesting than not even seeing the attached
pictures.

MUAs tend to be able to display what they produce themselves, but I have
situations where they don't handle what other MUAs produce.

One nice thing about this email6 toolkit might be the ability to
produce, more easily than before, a variety of MIME combinations to
exercise and test a variety of MUAs. While perhaps most of them have
been tested with some obviously standard MIME combinations, I suspect
most of them will produce strange results with combinations that are out
of the ordinary.