[Python-Dev] Completing the email6 API changes.

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Sep 3 03:27:15 CEST 2013

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 15:52:59 -0700, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> MUAs tend to be able to display what they produce themselves, but I have
> situations where they don't handle what other MUAs produce.
>
> One nice thing about this email6 toolkit might be the ability to
> produce, more easily than before, a variety of MIME combinations to
> exercise and test a variety of MUAs. While perhaps most of them have
> been tested with some obviously standard MIME combinations, I suspect
> most of them will produce strange results with combinations that are out
> of the ordinary.

Yeah, RFC compliance and other types of testing is something I want this
package to be good for.  The API under discussion here, though, is
oriented toward people using the library for easily generating emails
from their application and/or easily accessing the information from
emails sent to their application.

--David