[Python-Dev] Add a "transformdict" to collections

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Sep 10 16:06:00 CEST 2013

On Sep 10, 2013, at 03:57 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

>Le Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:49:28 -0400,
>Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> a écrit :
>> On Sep 10, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
>>
>> >The http.client and email.message modules convert headers to lower
>> >case, but keep the original case.
>>
>> As RDM pointed out on the tracker, email headers aren't a great use
>> case for this because they aren't really dictionaries.  They're lists
>> with some dict-like syntax.
>
>defaultdict(list)?

Not really.  Email headers support duplicates, although the dict-syntax will
only return the first such header.  Alternative syntax like .get_all() gives
you all of them.

But anyway, don't let this stop you!  I like your robots-in-disguise[1] dicts
no matter what you call them, and even if email can't use them.

-Barry

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QeKkjishs