[Python-Dev] Offtopic: OpenID Providers

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Sep 10 17:29:52 CEST 2013

On 9/10/2013 8:08 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Why do several posts in this thread have an Unsubscribe link that
> tries to unsubscribe me from the list? (I saw one by Glen, and another
> one by Donald Stufft.)

Seems to be in all of them. Probably added by the mailing list software.

Why don't you always see it?

Possibly a combination of being directly listed as a recipient, so that
you get a copy not sent through the mailing list, together with an email
client that suppresses the duplicates (if the mailing list software
doesn't change the Message-Id:). But since heretofore you haven't
participated in this thread, if you don't see the Unsub link in all of
this thread, I doubt this is the explanation. You message to which I'm
replying is the first in this thread that came directly to me and which
doesn't have the link, because you addressed me directly.  Use
Reply-List rather than Reply-All if your MUA supports that.

> (Come to think of it, what's the point of having an Unbub link in ever
> message that goes out?)

To avoid people that accidentally subscribe from asking how to
unsubscribe, perhaps.