[Python-Dev] Offtopic: OpenID Providers

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Tue Sep 10 18:03:35 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:28:25AM -0400, Donald Stufft <donald.stufft at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2013, at 11:08 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > Why do several posts in this thread have an Unsubscribe link that tries to unsubscribe me from the list? (I saw one by Glen, and another one by Donald Stufft.)
> >
> > (Come to think of it, what's the point of having an Unbub link in ever message that goes out?)
>
> All posts should have that. It's possible your mail client is collapsing it in some cases though because it looks like quoted text.

   When a mail message is all plain/text Mailman simply inline the
stance into the text. When a message is a complex tree of MIME parts
(like the message I'm replying to) Mailman append the stance to the end
of the message as another MIME part. Some MUAs could ignore that part --
they neither show the part nor include it in replies. Mine (mutt) shows
it and includes in replies anyway, I always trim it myself.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name