[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 02:32:05 CEST 2013

15.09.13 00:58, Antoine Pitrou написав(ла):
> On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 00:55:35 +0300
> Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 14.09.13 20:41, Antoine Pitrou написав(ла):
>>> No good reason. What's the name? transform_func?
>>
>> transform_func looks... truncated. Why not transform_function or trans_func?
>
> The stdlib commonly uses "func" rather than "function". For example
> "functools", where partial has an attribute named "func".
> I suppose it's like "int" vs. "integer".

The same functools has decorating_function() with the user_function
argument.

Also find_function, search_function, create_function, isfunction,
isgeneratorfunction, from_function, has_function, copy_function,
pickle_function, register_function, emit_function, and print_function.
This is not counting tests, IDLE and private names.