[Python-Dev] asdl.py and Python-ast.[hc]

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Sep 27 14:09:50 CEST 2013

Le Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:28:46 -0400,
Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> a écrit :
> 2013/9/26 Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Earlier this morning I had a slight tackle with a couple of the 3.4
> > bots (sorry everyone!). I fixed some problems in asdl.py -
> > http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/21d46e3ae60c - and used the 'with'
> > statement. Some bots don't have Python 2.6+ and couldn't bootstrap
> > Python-ast.h/c
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > * Should I always check-in Python-ast.h and Python-ast.c when I
> > touch asdl* ? The generated files are unchanged, it's only the
> > timestamp that changed.
> > * Can we, in theory, use new Pythons for asdl* code, because
> > Python-ast.* are, in fact, checked in so they don't have to be
> > rebuilt by the bots or users?
>
> We should have the buildbots run "make touch", so they don't need to
> run asdl_c.py.

So, you're gonna like this:

hg --config extensions.touch=Tools/hg/hgtouch.py touch -v
Tools/hg/hgtouch.py:21: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
*** failed to import extension touch from Tools/hg/hgtouch.py: invalid syntax (hgtouch.py, line 21)
hg: unknown command 'touch'

http://buildbot.python.org/all/buildslaves/bolen-ubuntu

(that buildbot runs Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, for the record)

Regards

Antoine.