[Python-Dev] 2.6.9rc1

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Sep 29 20:11:01 CEST 2013

Just a quick reminder that I intend to cut 2.6.9rc1 tomorrow.

Here are the open issues still on my list:

- 16040 - nntplib: unlimited readline() from connection

  This one is waiting for a patch, but TBH if it doesn't make it into 2.6.9 I
  won't care too much.  I also don't mind reviewing and applying a patch
  between 2.6.9rc1 and 2.6.9 final.

- 16041 - poplib: unlimited readline() from connection

  This one has a patch for 2.7 which does not apply cleanly to 2.6.  I'm of a
  similar mind as with #16040 - if we can get a clean patch after 2.6.9rc1,
  then fine, but otherwise I'm okay with this one not making it into 2.6.9
  final.

All other related issues have been fixed in the 2.6 branch.

If anyone knows of any other issues that should be on the 2.6.9 radar, please
let me know asap.  Remember, 2.6.9 final is currently scheduled for October
28, and it will be the last official 2.6 release of the series.  After this,
we are retiring the 2.6 branch.  Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Cheers,
-Barry