[Python-Dev] death to 2.7; long live 2.7

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Thu Apr 10 03:46:01 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>wrote:

> Instead dealing 2.7 will just be completely optional for core
> developers. (The much anticipated vendor support arrives at this point.)

Could you clarify your thoughts a bit on the "completely optional" part.
What if vendors take a really long time to come to support the latest minor
release? AFAIK, the discussion centered around keep it "alive", for some
definition of alive. We did not define what do we mean by 'alive'.

Bringing back all the security related enhancement features seem ok.
Guido's last email talks about all the other compatibility goodies /tools
targeting 2.7 that may or may not go with 2.7 code base itself.

--
Senthil