[Python-Dev] Appeal for reviews

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Sat Apr 12 20:58:19 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've accumulated a number of patches in the issue tracker that are
waiting for someone to review/commit/reject them. I'm eager to make
corrections as necessary, I just need someone to look the work that I've
done so far:

* http://bugs.python.org/issue20951 (SSLSocket.send() returns 0 for
  non-blocking socket)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue1738 (filecmp.dircmp does exact match
  only)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue7776 (http.client.HTTPConnection
  tunneling is broken)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue20177 (Derby #8: Convert 28 sites to
  Argument Clinic across 2 files)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue19414 (iter(ordered_dict) yields keys
  not in dict in some circumstances)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue20578 (BufferedIOBase.readinto1 is
  missing)

* http://bugs.python.org/issue21057 (TextIOWrapper does not support
  reading bytearrays or memoryviews)

I realize that core developer time is scarce, so I have started to only
work on patches after I've confirmed that someone is available and
interested to review them. However, it would be great if some people
could find time to look at the issues above as well. Having your
contributions just languish in the bugtracker is really dispiriting... I
*want* to contribute, and I can't believe that Python is the one
open-source project that is not in need of more manpower. But for some
reason it seems really hard to actually find something to do..

Best,
Nikolaus