[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Dec 2 03:32:44 CET 2014

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>
> I don't feel it's my job to accept or reject this PEP, but I do have an
> opinion.
>

> So here’s a question. If it’s not your job to accept or reject this PEP,
> whose is it? This is probably an issue we’re never going to get actual
> consensus on so unless there is an arbitrator of who gets to decide I feel
> it’s probably a waste of my time to try and convince absolutely *everyone*.

I saved this question. I still don't know who should accept or reject the
PEP. I tried to get out of it by asking Brett for the two repos he "owns",
but he hasn't stated his preference (though he did acknowledge the
responsibility). If it were really up to me I'd switch all "minor" repos to
GitHub, but I feel I've run into sufficient opposition (most vocally from
Nick) that I think "status quo wins" applies. I think Nick previously
wanted to switch to BitBucket -- if he hasn't hardened his position I say
we should do that. But if he no longer wants that, I have stopped caring
after the 200th message.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)