[Python-Dev] MSI installer won't install on WinXP-SP2 (was Re: [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 18:15:43 CET 2014

> Does this mean that Python no longer supports XP-SP2?

I don't know what it means. I don't have access to Windows XP SP2 to test.

By the way, why not upgrading to SP3? :-)

I read that you installed the beta2 before. You should maybe make sure
that Python 3.4 beta 2 has been fully uninstalled. Why did you remove
the directory manually? Why not uninstall using the Control Panel?

Victor