[Python-Dev] Changing Clinic's output

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 22:38:46 CET 2014

On Jan 14, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> I'm +1 on the sidefile approach. +0 on the various buffer approaches.
> -0.5 on the current "sprinkled everywhere" approach.

I concur with Antoine except that I'm a full -1 on commingling
generated code with hand edited code.   Sprinked everywhere
interferes with my ability to grok the code.  It interferes with
code navigation.  And it creates a greater risk of accidentally
editing the generated code.

FWIW, I think everyone should place a lot of weight on
Serhiy's comments and suggestions.  His reasoning is
clear and compelling.  And the thoughts are all soundly
based on extensive experience with the clinic's effect on
the C source code.

Raymond