[Python-Dev] [Datetime-SIG] PEP 495 (Local Time Disambiguation) is ready for pronouncement

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 04:12:21 CEST 2015

[Posted on Python-Dev]

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I think that a courtesy message to python-dev is appropriate, with a link to
> the PEP and an invitation to discuss its merits on datetime-sig.

Per Gudo's advise, this is an invitation to join PEP 495 discussion on
Datetime-SIG.

I you would like to catch-up on the SIG discussion, the archive of
this thread starts at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/datetime-sig/2015-August/000253.html>.

The PEP itself can be found at
<https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0495>, but if you would like to
follow draft updates as they happen, you can do it on Github at
<https://github.com/abalkin/ltdf>.

Even though the PEP is deliberately minimal in scope, there are still
a few issues to be ironed out including how to call the disambiguation
flag.  It is agreed that the name should not refer to DST and should
distinguish between two ambiguous times by their chronological order.
The working name is "first", but no one particularly likes it
including the author of the PEP.  Some candidates are discussed in the
PEP at <https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0495/#questions-and-answers>,
and some more have been suggested that I will add soon.

Please direct your responses to <datetime-sig at python.org>.