[Python-Dev] (no subject)

Neil Girdhar mistersheik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:46:13 CET 2015

Yes, that's exactly right.  It does not affect the callee.

Regarding function call performance, nothing has changed for the originally
accepted argument lists: the opcodes generated are the same and they are
processed in the same way.

Also, regarding calling argument order, not any order is allowed.  Regular
arguments must precede other kinds of arguments.  Keyword arguments must
precede **-args.  *-args must precede **-args.   However, I agree with
Antoine that PEP 8 should be updated to suggest that *-args should precede
any keyword arguments.  It is currently allowed to write f(x=2, *args),
which is equivalent to f(*args, x=2).

Best,

Neil