[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 10 16:41:45 CET 2015

One of my main engineering concerns is lack of shared knowledge a.k.a. the truck factor (not CPython specific, btw, just every project I work on). So I'm always keen to get multiple people working on new code asap. I also prefer installers to be treated as part of the product and updated with whatever changes affect it, though that basically never happens in my experience :)

I assume the PEP will need updating if it specifies the exact path, and the installer readme may have a reference too. Presumably it'll only affect 3.5, as previous versions wouldn't use the directory for anything other than installing scripts.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone